1800 East 7th Street
Charlotte, NC 28204
Cajun Queen Description
A New Orleans-style restaurant right in Charlotte, this restaurant is repeatedly ranked as one of the best in town. Live jazz every night and Mardi Gras-beaded necklaces on every table add to the festive feel, but the real treat is the excellent menu. Try the barbecue shrimp appetizer and a bowl of gumbo. The fish selections are outstanding.
- Hold the heat. If a menu item is blackened, you can request that it be seared instead (without the spices) for more delicate palates.
- Little gators. Fried chicken strips, shrimp, and catfish are on the kids' menu.
- Catch the music. Sit upstairs to be near the nightly jazz band or downstairs for a quieter meal.
- The way you like it. Don't be afraid to ask for modifications to dishes. The staff is friendly and aims to please.
- Reserve a table. Reservations are a good idea, but if you show up on the early side, you'll have no problem getting a seat without one.
Just the Facts
Hours: Mon. 5-9:30 p.m.; Tues.-Sat. 5-11 p.m.; Sun. 11 a.m.-9 p.m.
Fees: Moderately priced