Boulevard Kukulcan KM 13 Hotel Zone Loc 21
+52 (998) 840 6496
Ice Cream / Yogurt
Chocolate City Description
A high-concept, fast-paced, exciting restaurant with huge TV screens covering the walls (showing sports games and music videos with scantily clad performers) and fountains of bubbling chocolate brought to your table, Chocolate City is an experience that includes an acrobatic show, a play space for kids upstairs, and lots and lots of chocolate.
- Wear socks. To play at the Chocokids area upstairs, children must have socks.
- Video games galore: The Chocokids area upstairs is lined with video games, has a separate TV room, and a small jumpy house. Fun for kids but some families might not feel comfortable with the plethora of screens.
- Don't expect fine chocolate. Some might be disappointed when the chocolate milk arrives in a Hersey's juice box. The food isn't great here and the chocolate isn't of the finest sort. You go for the experience rather than the cuisine.
- Shows on Wednesdays and Sundays: The Wednesday acrobatic show begins at 8 p.m., the Sunday show (which is free) starts at 3 p.m. Call ahead or check the website to confirm.
- Call ahead about sports events: When there is a big soccer match or other sporting event, Chocolate City gets really crowded and really rowdy.
- Beware of signage and videos: Some families might be offended by the libidinous messages hanging on wooden banners from the ceiling, and by the provocative nature of the videos. Although it caters to families, Chocolate City has a distinct Spring Break pick-up scene feel.
Just the Facts
Hours: 11 a.m. to midnight, daily
Fees: Moderately priced