21220 U.S. 19 North
Clearwater, FL 33765
Don't be dismayed by the full parking lot and people waiting outside this hopping Clearwater diner -- the food is well worth the wait, and the line moves quickly. Best known for their hearty breakfasts that are served all day (with staples like pancakes, omelets, biscuits and gravy, and buttered grits), lunch here is a feast as well, with piled-high deli sandwiches, burgers, and salads. The lively atmosphere and friendly staff instantly make guests feel right at home.
- Hunger gets taken care of quickly. Many breakfasts come with a complimentary Danish pastry basket as an appetizer, which can be meal enough for a small child.
- Breakfast and lunch only. The restaurant closes at 3 p.m.
- Bar seating available. There's very often no wait for bar seating; consider sitting side-by-side if your party is small.
- Longer waits on weekends. Guests may have to wait for a table even mid-week during the breakfast rush, but a line is nearly a certainty on weekends. A balloon artist helps the time pass more quickly on Saturdays and Sundays.
- Tricky highway. The restaurant is located on the west side of U.S. 19 (portions of which are elevated, with businesses on the street-level service road), just south of Drew Street and next to the Buena Vista Resort.
Just the Facts
Hours: Mon.-Sun. 6 a.m.-3 p.m.