My Toilet Tale Contest Rules
"A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS" CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE OR OPTING IN TO RECEIVE MORE INFORMATION IMPROVE ONE'S CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SPONSOR: Disney Online, 500 South Buena Vista St., Burbank, CA 91521, is solely responsible for all aspects of this contest ("Contest").
2. ENTRY:The Contest may be entered during the period commencing at 12:01 A.M., October 12, 2010, and ending at 11:59:59 P.M., November 16, 2010 ("Entry Period"). During the Entry Period, as a registered member ("Member") of www.Family.go.com ("Website"), you may enter the Contest by visiting the Website and following instructions to submit your entry consisting of:  the story of your funniest bathroom moment and  it may not exceed 1,000 characters (collectively, "Entry"). If you are not already a Member, you may easily register to become a Member for free through the link on the Website: "Register", by filling out the simple Registration Form. Only a valid email address ("Address") will be accepted for registration, as determined solely by Sponsor. Upon becoming a Member by registration, you may then enter the Contest by following the above instructions.
On or about November 17, 2010, a panel of Sponsor-selected judges ("Panel") will select six (6) finalists ("Finalists") from among all valid Entries received by applying the following judging criteria: 70% for originality and 30% for relevance to subject matter (collectively, "Criteria"). The Panel's decisions are final. Upon the selection of the six Finalists, the Sponsor will convert each of their Entries into an illustrated version (individually, "Finalist Illustration"). During the period commencing at 12:01 A.M., November 30, 2010, and ending at 11:59:59 P.M., December 14, 2010 ("Voting Period"), the six Finalist Illustrations will be displayed on the Website to permit the Members to vote for the selection of one (1) potential Grand Prize winner ("Grand Winner") from among the six (6) Finalists by judging their Finalist Illustrations on the basis of the Criteria. The one (1) Finalist accumulating the most valid votes during the Voting Period for his/her Finalist Illustration, as determined solely by the Sponsor, will be deemed the potential Grand Winner. The remaining five (5) Finalists will each be awarded a Finalist Prize (individually, "Finalist Winner") For purposes of these Official Rules ("Rules"), all times and days are Pacific Time. Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for the Contest. Normal internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply. It is your sole responsibility to notify Sponsor in writing if you change your Address. The selection of each Winner and awarding of the prizes is subject to the eligibility and forfeiture provisions set forth below. The potential Winners will each be announced on or about January 24, 2011.
3.LICENSES AND REPRESENTATIONS: "Entry Materials" include:  all information and material submitted by you in connection with the Contest, including the Entry and all other forms, contracts or releases required to be submitted by you as a contestant, whether required by Sponsor prior to or after Entry;  your name, likeness, image and biographical data as contained in or reflected by the Entry and  all photographs, artwork, writings, statements, dramatic materials, ideas, quotations and any other intellectual properties created by you in connection with the Contest, whether submitted to Sponsor or not, including the Entry. All material owned by Sponsor or its respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies; the sponsoring, administering, advertising, promotional and fulfillment agencies of each of them (individually and collectively, "Entities"), including but not limited to any copyright, trademark, picture, logo, title art or other intellectual property, shall remain their respective property and you shall acquire no rights therein by virtue of the Contest.
Except as specifically provided herein, by entering the Contest, you hereby grant to Sponsor, its licensees, distributors, agents, representatives and other authorized users, a perpetual, non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully-paid, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable (in whole or part) worldwide license under all copyrights, trademarks, patents, trade secrets, privacy and publicity rights and other intellectual property rights you own or control to use, reproduce, transmit, display, exhibit, distribute, index, comment on, modify, create derivative works based upon, perform and otherwise exploit such Entry Materials, in whole or in part, in all media formats and channels now known or hereafter devised (including on Sponsor's websites, on third party web sites, on Sponsor's broadcast and cable networks and stations, on Sponsor's broadband and wireless platforms, products and services, on physical media, and in theatrical release), for any and all purposes including entertainment, news, advertising, promotional, marketing, publicity, trade or commercial purposes, all without further notice to you, with or without attribution, and without the requirement of any permission from or payment to you or to any other person or entity ("Submissions License").
By submitting the Entry Materials for an Entry in the Contest, you further represent and warrant to Sponsor that the Entry Materials and everything depicted therein:  are original and do not originate from a magazine, newspaper or other commercial or proprietary source;  have not previously been submitted in a sweepstakes or contest of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means;  no person or entity other than you has any right, title or interest in and to any part of the Entry Materials;  you are not subject to any agreement or arrangement that would interfere with your entering the Contest and granting all the rights granted hereunder or that would conflict with any other documentation required hereunder;  do not contain material which is (or promote activities which are) defamatory, libelous, abusive, harassing, threatening, an invasion of a right of privacy of another person, bigoted, hateful, racially offensive, discriminatory (based on race, sex, religion, national origin, physical disability, sexual orientation or age), violent (e.g., relating to murder, the sales of weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.), vulgar, obscene, pornographic or otherwise sexually explicit, harmful or can reasonably be expected to harm any person or entity, profane, offensive or otherwise objectionable as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion;  do not contain material which is (or promote activities which are) illegal or encourage or advocate illegal activity or the discussion of illegal activities with the intent to commit them (including Entry Material that is, or represents an attempt to engage in, child pornography, stalking, sexual assault, fraud, trafficking in obscene or stolen material, underage drinking, drug dealing and/or drug abuse, harassment, computer hacking, theft, or conspiracy to commit any criminal activity) or otherwise unlawful as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion;  do not infringe, contain intellectual property that infringes (e.g., trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, photographs, artwork, sculptures, props, costumes, backgrounds or other material), or otherwise violate any right of a third party including: (a) copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary or contractual rights, (b) right of privacy (specifically, you must not distribute another person's personal information of any kind without their express permission) or publicity; or (c) any confidentiality obligation;  are not commercial, business-related, advertisements or offers to sell any products or services (whether or not for profit) and do not solicit others (including solicitations for contributions or donations);  do not contain viruses or other harmful components, or otherwise tamper with, impair or damage Sponsor's websites or any connected network, or otherwise interfere with any person or entity's use or enjoyment of Sponsor's websites;  generally pertain to the designated topic or theme of the Contest, do not violate any specific restrictions applicable to a public forum on the Website, including its age restrictions and procedures, and are not antisocial, disruptive, or destructive, including "flaming," "spamming," "flooding," "trolling," and "griefing" as those terms are commonly understood and used on the internet.
Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify and remove any Entry or contestant that Sponsor deems to be in violation of these Licenses and Representations at any time.
4. LIMITATIONS: Entries are limited to one (1) Entry per person/Address (regardless of whether one person has more than one Address or more than one person use the same Address). In event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the Address is registered. Entries by any method other than set forth above in Paragraph 2 above are void. Any use of automated or programmed methods of effecting Entry is prohibited. Any attempt by any of the Members to submit more than the stated number of votes by using multiple/different Addresses, mailing addresses, identities or any other methods will void that Member's votes and disqualify that Member's Entries (if any). The offending Member's Entries will be removed from public voting and they will be disqualified from further participation in the Contest.
The Contest is open only to Members in compliance with the TOU who are legal residents physically located within the 50 United States or the District of Columbia (the "Territory") and who are not minors at the time of Entry (as defined by state of primary residence, "Minor"). Employees, consultants, independent contractors, agents or interns who have, within the past six months, performed services for the Entities; their household members and immediate family members, are not eligible to participate in the Contest. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses.
Neither the Entities, nor any of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents or representatives (individually and collectively, "Releasees") are responsible for Entries from persons residing, or physically located, outside the Territory; or Entries that are altered, delayed, deleted, destroyed, forged, fraudulent, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, irregular in any way, late, lost, misdirected, multiple, non-delivered, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules; or for inaccurate or incomplete capture online of Contest Entry information (including the Official Entry Form); lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; miscommunications; failed phone, computer hardware or software or telephone transmissions; technical failures; unauthorized human intervention; traffic congestion; garbled or jumbled transmissions; undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering; insufficient space in your email account to receive email; or other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, human, mechanical, printing, production or technical errors or other causes; even if caused by the negligence of any of the Releasees.
Each of such potential Entries will be disqualified; and any attempt by a person to use multiple Addresses or identities to register more than once may result in disqualification at Sponsor's sole discretion. Sponsor is not obligated to communicate with any contestant during the duration of the Contest. Void where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations. Please review these Rules and the TOU carefully; however, in the event of a conflict between these Rules and the TOU, these Rules will control.
Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify and remove any Entry or contestant that Sponsor deems to be in violation of these Limitations at any time.
5. PRIZES: : One (1) Grand Prize: prize consists of four (4) elements: (1) one (1) $5,000 check to be used toward a bathroom makeover (approximate retail value ["ARV"]: $5,000) and (2) one (1) video created by Sponsor inspired by Winner's Entry (ARV: 0); (3) one (1) package of Clorox Bathroom Products and (4) one (1) trip for four (4) days / three (3) nights ("Trip") for Winner and three (3) guests ("Group") to New York City, NY, ("City"), on Sponsor-selected dates, consisting of the following elements for the Group: [a] tickets to a Sponsor-selected available Broadway show; [b] accommodations for three (3) nights at a Sponsor-selected hotel (one standard room/quad occupancy, including room tax); [c] one (1) $500 Disney Gift Card for Winner only; [d] if Winner's residence is located more than two hundred fifty (250) miles from City, round-trip coach air transportation on a Sponsor-selected carrier between a Sponsor-selected major metropolitan airport near Winner's residence ("airport of origin") and a Sponsor-selected major airport in or near City; but if Winner's residence is located two hundred fifty (250) miles or less from City, then round-trip ground transportation via a Sponsor-selected method between Winners' residence and the hotel and [e] airport/hotel transfers via Super Shuttle (ARV of Trip: $6,467, which will vary depending upon points of departure and destination and seasonal fluctuation of hotel rates and airfares). All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the Winner's responsibility, including but not limited to: round trip transportation between the Winner's residence and any airport of origin, alcoholic beverages, fax, food, gratuities and tips, insurance, laundry service, merchandise, parking, room service, service charges, souvenirs and telephone calls. Airline carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. Travel and lodging are subject to availability, certain restrictions, blackout dates and Sponsor's selection as Winner must take Trip on Sponsor-selected dates or choose to take cash equivalent of Trip. Travel must be made through Sponsor's agent and Sponsor shall determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. Releasees are not responsible for airline cancellations or delays. (Total ARV of Grand Prize: $11,527). Five (5) Finalist Prizes (one for each Finalist Winner): one (1) Clorox Prize Package (ARV: $132). Total ARV of all prizes: $12,187. Prizes are not redeemable for cash or transferable, except to a surviving spouse residing in the same household. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor's sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. A prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Prize elements may not be separated. All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received and prizes are validly claimed by February 28, 2011, after which no alternate Winners will be selected, nor unclaimed prizes awarded. The prize awards are subject to Sponsor's verification of eligibility and compliance with the TOU and these Rules.
6. PROCEDURES: Entries will only be accepted during the Entry Period. On or about November 17, 2010, the six Finalists will be selected by the Panel from all eligible Entries received on the basis of the Criteria. The Panel's decisions are final. During the Voting Period the Members will apply the Criteria to vote for the selection of one (1) potential Grand Winner from among the contestants with the six (6) Finalist Illustrations. The one (1) Finalist whose Finalist Illustration accumulates the most valid votes during the Voting Period, as determined solely by the Sponsor, will be deemed the potential Grand Winner. In the event of a tie, Sponsor shall select the Grand Winner on the basis of the most originality.
7. WINNERS: The potential Grand Winner and five (5) Finalist Winners will each be notified by email on or about December 20, 2010. At the sole discretion of Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of alternate Winners may result from any of the following:  potential Winner's failure to respond to notification within seven (7) business days after its transmission;  the return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts;  the return of a prize as undeliverable;  potential Winner's failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency;  potential Grand Winner's failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release within ten (10) days after it is mailed;  potential Winner's failure to claim any prize within ten (10) days after it is sent;  potential Winner's failure to validly claim any prize before February 28, 2011 and  any other non-compliance with these Rules or the TOU. In the event of a prize forfeiture, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate Winner. All taxes, expenses, costs and fees associated with the receipt or use of the prizes are the sole responsibility of each Winner; and the Grand Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of the prize.
10. RULES & WINNERS' LIST: For names of winners (after December 20, 2010) and/or Rules (before December 14, 2010), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: My Toilet Tale Contest, Disney Family.com, 500 South Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521, designating either winners' list or Rules. Winners' first names, initial of last names and cities of residence will be posted on the Website on or about January 24, 2011.