Main | Rules | Prize | Winner | Enter
Disney Family.com "Great American Family Vacation Sweepstakes" Official Rules
THE FOLLOWING SWEEPSTAKES IS INTENDED FOR VIEWING ONLY IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ("TERRITORY") AND SHALL ONLY BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO UNITED STATES LAW. DO NOT PROCEED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES IF YOU ARE NOT LOCATED IN THE TERRITORY. NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE OR OPTING IN TO RECEIVE MORE INFORMATION, IMPROVE ONE'S CHANCES OF WINNING
1. SPONSOR: Walt Disney Internet Group, 500 South Buena Vista St., Burbank, CA 91521. Prize provided by Disney Vacation Club.
2. ENTRY: This Sweepstakes may be entered during the period commencing at 12:01 A.M., July 17, 2009, and ending at 11:59 P.M., August 31, 2009 ("Entry Period") , by going to the sweepstakes entry page on Disney Family.com ("Website") and following the entry instructions. For purposes of these Official Rules ("Rules"), "Day" shall mean each calendar day during the Entry Period, and all times and Days are Pacific Time. If you are a registered Disney Family.com member ("Member"), you will be prompted to enter your Member Name and Password and click on the "submit" button ("Entry"). If you are not a Member, you must first register at the Website for free before you can enter the Sweepstakes. To register, complete the Registration Form at the Website. After registering as a Member, follow the instructions above to enter the Sweepstakes. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply. It is your sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor in writing if you change your e-mail address ("Address"). To do so, click here. Under "Member Information," click on "Modify" to change your Address.
3. LIMITATIONS: All Entries must be received by 11:59 P.M. August 31, 2009. Entries are limited to one per person/Address per Day (regardless of whether one person has more than one Address or more than one person use the same Address). In event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the Address is registered. Entries by any method other than set forth above in Paragraph 2 are void. Any use of automated or programmed methods of effecting Entry is prohibited. Open only to persons who are not minors as of July 17, 2009, as defined by state of primary residence (individually, Minor"), but are legal residents of, and physically located within, the Territory. Employees of Sponsor, Disney Destinations, LLC and Disney Vacation Development, Inc.; their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies; the advertising, promotional, and fulfillment agencies of each of them (individually and collectively, "Entities"); and members of their households and immediate families are not eligible to enter. Neither the Entities, nor any of their officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents or representatives (individually and collectively, "Releasees") are responsible for Entries from persons residing, or located, outside the Territory; Entries that are altered, delayed, deleted, destroyed, forged, fraudulent, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, irregular in any way, late, lost, misrouted, multiple, non-delivered, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules; or for inaccurate or incomplete capture online of Sweepstakes entry information (including the Official Entry Form); lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections; miscommunications; failed phone, computer hardware, or software or telephone transmissions; technical failures; unauthorized human intervention; traffic congestion; garbled or jumbled transmissions; undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering; insufficient space in entrant's email account to receive email; or other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, human, mechanical, printing, production or technical errors or other causes; even if caused by the negligence of any of the Releasees. Each of such potential Entries will be disqualified. Void where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, local, and municipal laws and regulations.
4. PRIZE: One (1) non-transferable vacation contract (the "Contract") with Disney Vacation Club will be awarded as the prize. The Contract entitles the recipient to the use and enjoyment of 235 Vacation Points per year (the "Vacation Point Allotment") for two (2) years and three hundred sixty four (364) days in Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas Resort, a leasehold condominium. The Contract and the right to the use and enjoyment of the Vacation Point Allotment terminate two (2) years and 364 days after the date of the Contract (the "Contract Term"). The Vacation Point Allotment may be used by the winner, in accordance with the terms and restrictions of the Contract, and subject to the Restrictions, to reserve, during the Contract Term, vacation accommodations at Disney Vacation Club Resorts or vacation accommodations available through the Disney Vacation Club Member Getaways program. The length of stay for any specific accommodations using the Vacation Point Allotment is based upon the resort, the type of accommodations reserved and the season. For example, the winner can use the first year's Vacation Point Allotment of 235 Vacation Points for a seven (7) night stay in a one-bedroom vacation villa at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas Resort during the Dream Season, and the second year's Vacation Point Allotment of 235 Vacation Points for a five (5) night stay in a two-bedroom vacation villa at Disney's Vero Beach Resort during the Premier Season, and the third year's Vacation Point Allotment of 235 Vacation Points for a seven (7) night stay in a one-bedroom vacation villa at Disney's BoardWalk Villas during the Magic season. The number of Vacation Points required for any specific accommodations are subject to change. The winner will receive three Vacation Point Allotments; the first within 4 to 6 weeks of the Sweepstakes prize notification ("Award Date"), the second on the first anniversary of the Award Date of the Contract and the third on the second anniversary of the Award Date of the Contract. The first two Vacation Point Allotments can be used for accommodations occurring within twelve (12) months after the winner receives the Vacation Point Allotment and the last Vacation Point Allotment can be used for accommodations occurring within three hundred sixty four (364) days after the winner receives the last Vacation Point Allotment. Any portion of a Vacation Point Allotment not used within the applicable time shall automatically expire. Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas Resort is located at the WALT DISNEY WORLD® Resort in Lake Buena Vista, Florida. All accommodations are subject to availability, reservation policies, blockout dates and other restrictions.
The Disney Vacation Club Resorts (including Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas Resort) are leasehold condominium time-share resorts developed by Disney Vacation Development, Inc. ("Developer") and managed and operated by Disney Vacation Club Management Corp., wholly-owned, indirect subsidiaries of The Walt Disney Company. Vacation Points are symbolic units of measurement used to represent a timeshare owner's real estate interest in a Disney Vacation Club Resort and have no inherent value separate and apart from the real estate interest the Vacation Points represent. The Vacation Point Allotments granted to the winner derive from and are representative of real estate interests in Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas Resort retained by the Developer. The winner will not receive any real estate interest in any Disney Vacation Club Resort and will not become a member of Disney Vacation Club.
The approximate retail value ("ARV") of the prize: $ 19,600.00, which includes the following elements: (1) ARV of the accommodations that can be reserved and used by the winner: $12,700.00; (2) ARV of exchange fees: $100.00 and (3) ARV of a cash prize of $6,900.00 to help defray payment of any taxes payable as a result of winning the prize. All ARV's are in U.S. dollars. The prize, all benefits and all payments are personal to the winner and are not redeemable for cash and are neither assignable nor transferable.
The Releasees make no guarantees or representations that the cash portion of the prize will be sufficient to pay the winner's tax liability and the winner is responsible for paying all taxes. The award of the prize is subject to applicable withholding requirements. The winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the value of the prize.
Certain restrictions apply. All airfare, transportation, gratuities, meals, taxes, and any other expenses incidental to the use of the Vacation Point Allotments are and remain the sole responsibility of the winner. A Minor not traveling with a parent/legal guardian ("Parent") must be accompanied by an adult over the age of 21, who must be appointed by the Parent to have custody and control over the Minor and to contract on Minor's behalf in connection with this prize. An appointment form may be included in the document package and must be signed by Parent prior to using the Vacation Point Allotment. Use of the Vacation Point Allotments is subject to the following rules and restrictions, as amended from time to time (collectively, the "Restrictions") (i) the Master Declaration of Covenants and Restrictions, the Declaration of Condominium and the Master Co-tenancy Agreement for Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas Resort, each recorded in the Public Records of Orange County, Florida; (ii) all other easements, restrictions and matters of record; and, (iii) the Disney Vacation Club Membership Agreement and the Disney Vacation Club Resort Agreement for Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas Resort. The winner acknowledges that his/her right to the use and enjoyment of the Vacation Point Allotments is subject to the Restrictions. In addition, the winner's right to and use of the Vacation Point Allotments are more limited than the rights of an owner of a timeshare interest in a Disney Vacation Club Resort – among other things, the winner does not receive the following: a Disney Vacation Club member ID Card; member discounts on select merchandise, dining, tickets, etc; or the ability to purchase a real estate interest in a Disney Vacation Club Resort at the member-discounted rate. The winner must sign all necessary documents and receive any applicable disclosures to effectuate the execution of The Contract. The complete offering terms of a Membership in Disney Vacation Club are set forth in the offering plan available from the Developer. Void where prohibited by law.
No substitution or transfer of the prize except with Sponsor's permission or where required by law is allowed. If for any reason the prize becomes unavailable, Sponsor may award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. Award of the prize is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with all rules. Allow 4-6 weeks after award of the prize for prize fulfillment.
5. PROCEDURES: Entries will only be accepted during the Entry Period. On or about September 14, 2009, in a random drawing, potential winner will be selected from all eligible Entries received. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible Entries received.
6. WINNER: Potential winner will be notified by email on or about September 14, 2009. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:  potential winner's failure to respond to notification within ten (10) days after its transmission;  the return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts;  the return of the prize as undeliverable;  potential winner's failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency;  potential winner's failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release within ten (10) days after its mailing  potential winner's failure to claim the prize within ten (10) days after it is sent and  any other noncompliance with Rules. In the event of a prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner. All taxes are solely the winner's responsibility.
7. CONDITIONS: By entering this Sweepstakes and/or accepting a prize you may win, you agree, represent and warrant that:  you will be bound by the Rules and the Sponsor's decisions, which shall be final in all respects;  the Entry becomes solely the Sponsor's property and will not be acknowledged;  you release and hold harmless the Releasees from any and all liability for claims, injuries, losses, or damages of any kind, including without limitation, death and bodily injury, resulting, in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the awarding, delivery, acceptance, use, misuse, possession, loss, or misdirection of the prize; participation in this Sweepstakes or in any activity or travel related thereto or from computer downloading any Sweepstakes information;  winner's acceptance of the prize constitutes the grant of an unconditional right to use winner's name, address (city and state only), voice, likeness, photograph, biographical, and prize information and/or statements about the promotion for any programming, publicity, advertising, and promotional purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law;  Releasees do not make any representation, warranty or guarantee, express or implied, relating to the Sweepstakes or the prize;  in the event viruses, bugs, unauthorized human intervention, Acts of God, acts or regulations of any governmental or supra-national authority, war, national emergency, accident, fire, riot, strikes, lock-outs, industrial disputes, acts of terrorism, or other matters beyond the Sponsor's reasonable control, corrupt, prevent, or impair the administration, security, fairness, or proper play of this Sweepstakes, so that it cannot be conducted as originally planned, except where prohibited by law, Sponsor has the right, in its sole discretion, to modify the Rules or to cancel, modify, terminate or suspend the Sweepstakes; and in such event, to select a winner by such method as Sponsor in its sole discretion shall consider equitable;  the Releasees are not responsible for typographical or other errors in the offer or administration of this Sweepstakes, including but not limited to: errors in the advertising, Rules and selection and announcement of the winner;  any portion of the prize not accepted or used by the winner will be forfeited;  the Releasees are not responsible for any inability of the winner to accept or use the prize (or any portion thereof) for any reason;  Entry constitutes permission (except where prohibited by law) to allow the Sponsor to disclose personal information obtained from Entries to third parties including the Developer for marketing and other purposes and  Sponsor has the right to modify prize award procedures at its sole discretion.
8. RULES AND WINNER'S LIST: For name of winner (after September 25, 2009) and/or Rules (before August 31, 2009), send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Disney Family.com Great American Family Vacation Sweeps, 500 South Buena Vista St., Burbank, CA 91521-7710.