News paper ripped into strips
Paint and paint brushes
How to Make
Wrap the bottle with newspaper that has been dipped in water then cover that layer with newspaper strips that are dipped in glue to make the shape of the body.
Scrunch up a wad of newspaper into a ball. Tape it onto the top of the water bottle to make the head shape. Wrap it with layers of glue dipped newspaper strips until the desired shape of the head and body are attained. Let this dry for a couple of days.
When it is completely dry you can paint your nun. This shape also works to make a penguin or other animals by adding wings, a beak, ears or wiskers too. Have fun adding your own creativitiy to make anything you can imagine.
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your gingerbread house or holiday cookie is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!