How to Make
Decorate the stick with paints and feathers.
Remove the rubber liners from the bottle caps by having an adult "cook" them for five minutes on a hot outdoor grill (this step is optional but recommended, as it greatly improves the sound).
Flatten the caps with a hammer, then use a nail to punch a small hole in the center of each cap. Then thread the caps onto the wire and string tautly between the arms of the Y.
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your gingerbread house or holiday cookie is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!