- scissors (to cut bottle)
- hole punch, to punch holes
- crochet hook (size to fit nicely through holes)
- yarn of your choice
How to Make
I cut off the top of a 2 liter pop bottle, then used a hole punch to punch holes evenly around the top. (You could recycle any type of plastic bottle/container.)
Then I used a crochet hook and yarn to pick up stitches through the holes, and chain one in between.
Then I just did rows of single crochet until I got the height I wanted. Then I chained 3 and did a double crochet in every other stitch with a chain one between each double crochet. I finished it with one row of single crochet at the top.
I then made a crochet "chain" to thread through the double crochet row for the handle.
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your gingerbread house or holiday cookie is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!