For my picture of the book, I was only able to take a picture of the front page, because there were many logos of food, restaurants, and other products within. I also covered up my daughters last name with extra sign pictures. The picture gives you an idea of what you can do.
How to Make
Get some big brown bags and cut down from one corner to the bottom. Then cut off the bottom. Cut several bags this way and tape them together to form a book.
Collect labels from easily identifiable symbols or pictures that have words associated with them.
Write your child's name on the front cover and tape the boxes, pictures, and labels on all the other pages. You can separate into sections: Breakfast foods, street signs, etc.
Read with your child and point to the words. She will associate the picture and the word together. She will also appreciate the book, learn her name from the cover and be thrilled to own a book with her name on the cover.
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your gingerbread house or holiday cookie is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!