How to Make
To paint the cans, first rough up the outsides a bit with the sandpaper. Then, spray the cans in a well-ventilated area, according to the directions on the paint can. Let the paint dry completely.
Next, position the board so that the long edges are at the top and bottom. Use the scroll saw to cut a handhold 1 inch down from the top and to shape the upper corners of the board, if desired. Lightly sand the cut edges.
With the glue gun, attach the cans to the wood, three on each side, as shown. Drill a hole through each can (the side against the wood) about 1/2 inch down from the rim and screw the cans to the board. Load 'er up with craft supplies or stashes of little toys.
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your gingerbread house or holiday cookie is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!