As a cat lover, last winter I was worried that my cats would get cold on freezing nights. You have heard of a dog house, right? Why not a cat house?
I found an old Styrofoam cooler that we were not using and decided I should RECYCLE! I cut a door in it, put a blanket in the bottom, and painted it bright fun colors to look like a house.
My cats love to perch on top, crawl inside to keep warm or nap. The top is the purr-fect scratching post as well!
In the summer, you can prop open the lid or cut another hole for a window to give them crossbreeze.
Your cats will love this recycled Cat Hut N'Playhouse!
Scissors or knife
Paints and brushes
Blanket or towel
How to Make
Cut a door where the broken piece is, or decide where you would like the door. Use knife or scissors to carefully cut out a door large enough for a cat, but not too big.
Paint bright colors to look like a house.
Put blanket in bottom, and let cats enjoy!
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your gingerbread house or holiday cookie is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!