Mickey's St. Patrick's Day Shrink Charms
No one will be able to pinch you for not wearing green after they see these spiffy St. Patrick's Day pins! And, they're just as much fun to make as they are to wear.
- White or clear shrink paper for Inkjet printers (found in craft stores or online)
- Printed charms
- Hole punch
- Jewelry accessories or zipper pulls/cell phone charms (found in craft stores or online)
- Print out the charms on shrink paper and cut out each charm.
- To use your charm as a bracelet or necklace pendant, you need to punch the hole where indicated before you bake it. If you want to attach the charm to a barrette or pin, simply cut under the hole to remove it.
- Follow the baking instructions on the shrink paper package to bake the charms in a toaster oven or conventional oven. Watch the shrink plastic dance and curl! Do not allow children to use the oven.
- If the charm is still slightly curled when it is finished baking, use a piece of cardboard or a spatula to flatten it completely.
- Apply a couple coats of clear nail polish to seal the ink on the charm and make it water-resistant. Let it dry.
- Add the charm to whatever you'd like! You can use jump rings and jewelry chain to create a charm bracelet or necklace, or attach it to a cell phone strap to decorate your phone or zipper pulls.
Disney Family.com's printable crafts are specially designed with muted colors to conserve your printer's color ink.