Clu's Light Cycle
Build this 3D replica of Clu's Light Cycle and you'll become the envy of all your closest programs faster than this bike can drive!
Download Clu's Light Cycle here: Clu's Light Cycle
- Print the template on regular paper or cardstock (for this craft we recommend using cardstock) and cut out all of the pieces. Do not cut along the dotted lines – this is where you will fold the paper.
- Take each piece and make all folds away from you, except where indicated. Don't fold the arms until you are ready to attach them to Clu's body.
- Starting with the front wheel, use glue or double-stick tape to secure all tabs to the inside of each side of the wheel. It is best to progress around the wheel starting with the "A" tabs, rather than complete one side at a time. It is very important to line up the edge of each tab with each corresponding dotted line. Repeat this step with the rear wheel.
- Begin construction of the chassis with the "A" Tabs, followed by the B tab. Close the front of the chassis with the "C" tab, followed by the "D" tabs. Begin the back of the chassis by first sticking the "E" tabs to the inside of the top of the structure, then close the chassis with the "F" tabs, and finally, the "G" tab.
- Secure the back wheel to the chassis using each of the four tabs that were folded toward you. The largest of the four tabs will be on top.
- Secure the front wheel to the chassis by first attaching the bottom wheel tab to the bottom front end of the chassis. Secure the three remaining wheel tabs and insert the front end of the chassis inside the front wheel. It may help to place the Light Cycle on a flat surface to see how the chassis naturally rests inside the wheel.
- Place the undercarriage at the bottom of the structure, where the chassis meets the front wheel. Secure the undercarriage to the front wheel, starting with the bottom of the wheel, following the contours of the wheel from bottom to top. Be sure to line the edges of the undercarriage with the dark blue dotted lines on the top and bottom of the wheel.
- Secure the "A" tabs on Clu's back piece to the inside of his legs. Attach Clu's body to the top of the Light Cycle by sticking the "B" tabs to the rear wheel. Insert the tabs on Clu's feet into the slits in the rear wheel and secure the tabs at his side to the chassis.
- Fold each arm in half and glue so the design is two-sided. Attach Clu's arms one at a time, first by sticking the tab to the chassis where it meets Clu's shoulder. Clu's forearm should be bent outward, allowing you to insert the handlebar tabs into the slits in the front wheel.
- Curve the top of the helmet around the small, unlabeled tabs and stick them in place. Close the back of the helmet (Clu's neck) with the "A" and "B" tabs. Attach Clu's helmet to the top of the chassis, between his shoulders.
- Fold the fin in half along the yellow line, and secure it so the design is two-sided. Fold each tail fin downward, and fold each of them so the designs are two-sided. Don't glue the tabs on the edges of the fin, instead fold those outward and use them to glue the fin to the back wheel.
Disney Family.com's printable crafts are specially designed with muted colors to conserve your printer's color ink.