After just a few seconds in the oven, these Disney Fairy charms can be turned into jewelry, hair accessories, or even a beautiful mobile!Shrink Charms Template
Mobile Charms Template
- White or clear shrink paper for Inkjet printers (found in craft stores or online)
- Printed shrink charms or mobile charms
- Hole punch
- Jewelry accessories or zipper pulls (for shrink charms)
- String, thread, or ribbon (for mobile charms)
- Print out the shrink charms or mobile charms on shrink paper and cut out each charm.
- Punch the holes where indicated. You must punch the holes before you bake the charms.
- Follow the baking instructions on the shrink paper package to bake the charms in a toaster oven or conventional oven. Watch the shrink plastic dance and curl! Do not allow children to use the oven.
- If the charm is still slightly curled when it is finished baking, use a piece of cardboard or a spatula to flatten it completely.
- Apply a couple coats of clear nail polish to seal the ink on the charm and make it water-resistant. Let it dry.
- Add the charm to whatever you'd like! You can use jump rings and a leather cord or jewelry chain to make a bracelet or necklace, or decorate your backpack or jacket with zipper pulls.
- Cut and tie a ribbon or string to the first charm in your mobile. Make sure to leave room at the top of the string to hang it. Tie a new end of string to the bottom of the first charm, then, leaving a gap, tie the other end of the string to the top of the second charm.
- Continue to cut and tie pieces of string to all the charms until your hanging mobile is complete. You can make it as long or as short as you like. You can also divide the charms in half and make two mobiles, hanging them side by side.