Kermit the Frog Pop-Up Card
Writing greeting cards is good practice for young kids, and with this Kermit pop-up card, it's never been more fun!
- Print the card and cut out the outside box along the solid line and red box with the inside of Kermit's mouth. Do not cut along the dashed lines -- these lines are where you will fold the paper.
- Use a craft knife to cut the solid yellow line just below Kermit's mouth.
- Fold the card horizontally away from you.
- Using a craft stick, the smooth edge of a butter knife, or ball point pen that is out of ink, score the dashed lines that create a diamond shape around Kermit's mouth and the dashed line that runs the length of his face. This will make it easier to fold the paper.
- Fold the card again vertically towards you while carefully pinching Kermit's upper and lower lips so they fold away from you along the dashed line in the center and towards you along the dashed lines around his mouth. This creates the pop-out effect.
- Flip the card over so the white side is facing you and glue or tape the red box with the inside of Kermit's mouth to the card. Make sure the top of the red box is flush against the horizontal fold and the dashed line in the middle runs along the vertical fold.
- Have your kids write a special note on the inside of the card!
Disney Family.com's printable crafts are specially designed with muted colors to conserve your printer's color ink.
Click here to meet the Muppets at the official movie site!