Get in on the Pook-a-Looz craze with these adorable shrink charms. After just a few seconds in the oven, they are ready to be turned into jewelry, barrettes, and more!
- White or clear shrink paper for Inkjet printers (you can purchase this at art/craft supply stores or online)
- Printed charms
- Hole punch
- Jewelry accessories
- Print out the charms on shrink paper and cut out each charm.
- To use your charm as a bracelet or necklace pendant, you need to punch the hole where indicated before you bake it. If you want to attach the charm to a barrette or pin, simply cut under the hole to remove it.
- Follow the baking instructions on the shrink paper package to bake the charms in a toaster oven or conventional oven. Watch the shrink plastic dance and curl! Do not allow children to use the oven.
- If the charm is still slightly curled when it is finished baking, use a piece of cardboard or a spatula to flatten it completely.
- Apply a couple coats of clear nail polish to seal the ink on the charm and make it water-resistant. Let it dry.
- Add the charm to whatever you'd like! You can use jump rings and jewelry chain to create a charm bracelet or necklace, or attach it to a cell phone charm strap to decorate your phone or zipper pulls. You can also glue them to barretts and hair pins.