With just a few snips and a quick bake, this printable becomes a hard plastic keychain that Dad can treasure for years. Color it in with permanent markers or use our full-color version.
- Permanent Markers
- Hole punch
- Printed Keychain Charms
- White or clear shrink paper for Inkjet printers (you can purchase this at art/craft supply stores or online)
- Print out the charms on shrink paper. If you choose to make the charm with Pluto, give it to your child to color in with permanent markers.
- Cut out your charm(s).
- Punch a hole where indicated. You may need to punch a few times to make the hole big enough for a key ring. You must punch the hole before you bake the charm.
- Follow the baking instructions on the shrink paper package to bake the charms in a toaster oven or conventional oven. Watch the shrink plastic dance and curl! Do not allow children to use the oven.
- If the charm is still slightly curled when it is finished baking, use a piece of cardboard or a spatula to flatten it completely.
- Apply a couple coats of clear nail polish to seal the ink on the charm and make it water-resistant. Let it dry.