Alice in Wonderland Shrink Charms
Just like how Alice shrunk to a miniature version of herself, watch these fun charms shrink into a piece of long-lasting plastic jewelry. Make a charm bracelet, necklace, cell phone charm -- any trinket you desire!
- White or clear shrink paper for Inkjet printers (you can purchase this at art/craft supply stores or online)
- Smaller charms template (these work best for a charm bracelet)
- or Larger charms template (these work best for necklaces or cell phone charms)
- Hole punch
- Jewelry accessories
- Print out the charms on shrink paper and cut out each charm.
- Punch a hole where indicated. You must punch the hole before you bake the charm.
- Follow the baking instructions on the shrink paper package to bake the charms in a toaster oven. Watch the shrink plastic dance and curl! (Don't worry! It will flatten back out.) Do not allow children to use the toaster oven.
- If the charm is still slightly curled when it is finished baking, use a piece of cardboard to flatten it completely.
- Apply a couple coats of clear nail polish to seal the ink on the charm and make it water-resistant. Let it dry.
- Add the charm to whatever you'd like! You can use jump rings and jewelry chain to create a charm bracelet or necklace, or attach it to a cell phone charm strap to decorate your phone or zipper pulls.
Disney Family.com's printable crafts are specially designed with muted colors to conserve your printer's color ink.