Download the template here: Disney Printable - UP Carl 3D Character
Behind his gruff exterior, Carl hides a heart of gold. Now you can have your own 3D Carl character to take on an adventure!
- Print out all of the pages on cardstock or regular paper. Use scissors or a craft knife to cut out Carl's body, arms, head, and walker. Do not cut along the dashed lines -- these lines are where you will fold the paper.
- Take Carl's head and make all of the folds along the dashed lines for the head and the tabs. Make each fold away from you. Glue tabs A and B to the inside top of Carl's head; now go ahead and glue the D tabs to the bottom of Carl's head. Take the "back of head" piece and make all of the folds along the dashed lines and for the tabs except for the bottom half. Fold the top half away from you, and then fold the bottom remaining half towards you. Next attach "Carl's head" piece to the "back of head" piece and glue all of the tabs labeled E to the inside of Carl's head. The glued tabs will create a box shape forming Carl's head.
- Take Carl's body and make all of the folds along the dashed lines for the body and the tabs. Make each fold away from you, then glue the F tabs to the inside of Carl's body.
- Take Carl's arms, right and left, and make all of the folds away from you along the dashed lines. Glue the tabs labeled G to the inside of Carl's right arm; go ahead and glue the H tabs to the inside of Carl's left arm. Make a small slit (on marked line) along the bottom part of Carl's left arm to fit his walker.
- Fold each piece of Carl's walker in half along the dashed line and glue the two sides together. Cut each side out and make a small slit (on marked line) to the bottom center of the walker piece with the handle, then make a small slit (on marked line) to the top of the other half of the walker. Now attach them down the center forming a standing walker.
- Glue Carl's arms to his body and then attach the walker to his left arm.
- Line up Carl's head so that his chin hangs over his body and glue it into place. Carl's chin will be slightly lower than his shoulders.