Edgar 3D Papercraft
Build your own 3D version of Edgar, the misfit who wants nothing more than to be accepted.
Download the template here: Edgar 3D Papercraft
- Edgar template
- 2 coffee stirrers for the legs
- 2"x2" foam core or cardboard
- Print the template on regular paper or cardstock and cut out the pieces. Make folds along all dashed lines.
- For the body, punch two holes where indicated with an ⊗. This is where the legs will go. Using glue or double-sided tape, secure tabs A through N on the right side of the body to their corresponding panels in alphabetical order. Repeat this step with tabs A through N on the left side of the body. Complete the shape of the body with the O tabs.
- Secure tabs A through I on the right side of the head to their corresponding panels in alphabetical order. Repeat this step with tabs A through I on the left side of the head. Complete the shape of the head with the five J tabs.
- Attach the head to the chest area on the body piece and angle it slightly to the left.
- Fold each arm in half along the center dashed line and secure so the design is two-sided. Attach each arm to sides of the body near the chest.
- For the pants, punch a hole where indicated with an ⊗. Secure tabs A through D on each pant leg to their corresponding panels in alphabetical order.
- Attach each pant leg to the bottom of the torso where indicated with a gray rectangle. Make sure to first line up the holes you punched out in each piece.
- For the shoes, punch a hole where indicated with an ⊗. Secure all tabs on each shoe to their corresponding panels in alphabetical order. Complete the shape of each shoe with the E tabs.
- To form the legs, insert a coffee stirrer into each shoe where you punched out the holes.
- Curl the left sock around the coffee stirrer and secure with glue or double-sided tape. Repeat this step for the right sock.
- Insert the free end of each coffee stirrer into the corresponding pant leg to attach the legs to the body.
- Cut a piece of foam core (2"x2") to use as a stand. Using glue or double-sided tape, attach Edgar to the stand.
Disney Family.com's printable crafts are specially designed with muted colors to conserve your printer's color ink.