Take it from Miss Piggy -- it's all about the accessories. These charms are perfect for decorating jewelry chains or cell phone charm straps. Tres chic!
Download the template here: Muppet CharmsYou'll need:
- White or clear shrink paper for Inkjet printers (you can purchase this at art/craft supply stores or online)
- Printed charms
- Hole punch
- Jewelry accessories
- Print the charms on shrink paper and cut them out.
- To use your charm as a bracelet or necklace pendant, you need to punch the hole where indicated before you bake it. If you want to attach the charm to a barrette or pin, simply cut under the hole to remove it. You can also cut off the white border if you wish for the charm to be completely in color.
- Follow the baking instructions on the shrink paper package to bake the charms in a toaster oven or conventional oven. Watch the shrink plastic dance and curl! Do not allow children to use the oven.
- If the charm is still slightly curled when it is finished baking, use a piece of cardboard or a spatula to flatten it completely.
- Apply a couple coats of clear nail polish to seal the ink on the charm and make it water-resistant. Let the nail polish dry.
- Add the charms to whatever you'd like! You can use jump rings and jewelry chain to create a charm bracelet or necklace, or attach them to a cell phone charm strap or zipper pulls. You can also glue charms to barrettes and hair pins.
Click here to meet the Muppets at the official movie site!