Mickey's Fourth of July Hat
Few are as patriotic as Uncle Sam, but you can get close with Mickey's Fourth of July hat. This fun topper is perfect for your child to wear to your hometown parade, and it doubles as a festive centerpiece for your backyard barbecue!
Download the template here: Mickey's Fourth of July Hat
- Print the hat on regular paper or cardstock and cut out the pieces.
- Use glue or double-sided tape to secure the A tab on the front piece to the left-hand side of the back piece. Close the top of the hat by securing the B tab to the left-hand side of the front piece.
- Tuck the C tabs on the top piece into the top of the hat and secure with glue or double-sided tape.
- Tuck the D tabs on the brim into the bottom of the hat and secure with glue or double-sided tape. Line the brim up with the top piece so that the two dashed lines on the brim are on the left and right sides -- this is where you will attach Mickey's ears.
- Fold each ear piece in half and secure so the design is two-sided. Line the ears up with the dotted lines on the brim; secure the red tabs to the brim and the blue tabs to the side of the hat.
- Fold the "Happy Birthday America" piece in half and secure it so the design is two-sided. Use the tabs to attach this piece to the top of the hat.
- Attach the star pieces to the front and back sides of the brim -- the red tab should face the edge of the brim and the white tab should face the hat.
Disney Family.com's printable crafts are specially designed with muted colors to conserve your printer's color ink.