Make Selena Gomez's Signature Scarf
Scarves are one of Selena Gomez's signature styles for Alex, her character on Wizards of Waverly Place. For this fun mother-daughter activity, no sewing machine required! All you'll need is durable fabric (like weather-friendly fleece shown here) and a pair of scissors. You might even consider cutting up a colorful men's XL or XXL T-shirt.
- Sharp scissors
- 1-2 yards of fleece or desired fabric
- Tape measurer
- Decorative beads (optional)
1. Measure and Cut. Start with fabric that is approximately 24" wide by 50" long. If you prefer an extra long style, go up to 72" long.
2. Make Your Fringe. Fold your fabric in half length-wise and make 6" cuts every 2 inches along the short end of the piece.
3. Tie It. Tie the pieces of fringe together with secure knots at the base of the cut. If you want to add more dazzle, slip beads onto every other piece of fringe and tie off.
Selena Gomez story and images based on material published in Wizards of Waverly Place Magazine, courtesy of Disney Global Magazines.