He Made, She Made: Revved-Up Backpack
My inspiration for this speedy-to-customize backpack comes from a lifelong love of Matchbox and Hot Wheels cars. (And maybe because I used to have to race from class to class in middle school!)
- Plain backpack
- Black, white, and yellow duct tape (or other colors if you choose)
- Red and yellow felt
- Black plastic file folder cover
- Homemade license plate (made on the computer, or stenciled onto craft foam)
- Round bike reflector light
- Toy car
1. Wrap black duct tape around the backpack straps.
2. Cut one-inch long, half-inch wide strips of the yellow duct tape.
3. Place yellow tape over black taped straps to form a roadway.
4. Cut flames from red and yellow felt and glue together. Hot glue the flames to a space on the side of your backpack.
5. Cut a license plate holder from the black plastic report cover. Glue the license plate inside and then glue the holder and plate to the back pocket of your backpack.
6. Glue the reflector onto the back of the pack where it can be seen.
7. To make a zipper pull from the toy car, straighten a paper clip and slide it through an opening on the toy car. Then, loop the clip onto the zipper and twist to hold in place.Check Out Courtney's Backpack