He Made, She Made: All-Ears Bunny Phone Case
I love to make things look like something else. It's so much fun for me to look at a plain object and wonder what I can turn it into. With this cell phone case, I wanted to make a plain old case into something cute, and I went with the bunny because I loved the idea of having a pet to bring to school. (But no using your cell phone in class!)
- Plain plastic cell phone case
- Faux fur in whatever color you choose
- Googly eyes
- Pipe cleaners
- Fabric glue
- Felt in color to match faux fur, and white felt
1. Cut the colored piece of felt to serve as a pair of oversized ears. Cut another smaller set of ears from the white felt and glue those on top of the colorful ears.
2. Glue the ears to the top of the cell phone case.
3. Cut the faux fur so that it fits over the back (and sides, if you wish) of the cell phone case.
4. Glue the fur to the back of the cell phone case.
5. Position the googly eyes first and glue in place. Position whiskers cut from the pipe cleaners below that and glue them to the fur, adding a button nose at their center.
Tip: If your phone has a camera, make sure to cut a hole in the fur for the lens.Check Out Courtney's Cell Phone Case.