He Made, She Made: BFF Eraser-Jewel Chokers
This project has a few sources of inspiration. First off, I wanted to make some jewelry and I think it's fun to make something look fancy, even when it's not. Secondly, we're in back-to-school mod, so I wanted to use a school supply to create something fabulous. This necklace makes something new and adorable from those basic pink erasers we all know and love.
- Basic pink erasers (the type with the slanted sides)
- Shiny enamel paint or nail polish
- Leather or hemp string
- Wore or paper clips
- Block of foam
1. Cut the erasers into pieces to make four or five gems. Cut them at angles to make irregular, angular shapes
2. Rub the eraser pieces against one another to smooth any rough edges.
3. Using wire or a straightened paper clip, poke a hole through whichever end of the eraser you choose as the gem's top. Keep the wire or paper clip inserted for now.
4. Paint the gems using nail polish or paints.
5. Stick the wire or paper clip into the foam block to allow the erasers to dry.
6. Make a loop from the wire or paper clip and trim the excess.
7. Thread the loops onto the leather or hemp string and tie in back to make a necklace.Check Out Courtney's Best Friend Charm.