He Made, She Made: BFF Friendship Medallions
I always thought those best friend necklaces that were two parts of one heart were kind of sad: Why couldn't each friend have a whole creation? These medallions solve that problem!
- Garage sale price tags (silver rings with white paper centers, often sold at office supply stores)
- A variety of ribbon or string, thin enough to thread through the holes in the garage sale tags
- A variety of beads and buttons (or, oven-bake clay to make your own beads)
- Two pictures each of yourself and your friend
- Craft glue
1. Using four of the tags, glue a photo of yourself to two of the tags and of your friend to two of the tags. (Or, if you are using a photo of the two of you together, glue the photo to one tag.)
2. Loop some string through the hole in the garage sale tag, at whatever length you wish depending on whether you are making a necklace, a bracelet, or a backpack charm.)
3. Thread beads or buttons onto the string for decoration.
4. Write a secret message to your friend on the back of the tag.Check Out Jonathan's Best Friend Charm.