Spending Mother's Day with Your Baby
Did a little bundle of joy come into your life this past year or two? This Mother's Day, celebrate with your baby with these great ideas for spending quality time together.
- Get outside with your baby! Why not pick flowers for this special day? Introduce your baby to the colors of bright yellow dandelions -- and the soft texture of flower petals. Point out tall trees and look for signs of new buds on the branches. Tickle your baby with blades of grass and get down to her level, crawling let over the cool lawn with her. Remember that the things we often take for granted – like the beauty of the outdoors – is delightful and new to your baby. See the world through her eyes!
- Write down your thoughts and dreams for your baby. You could do this in a poem or just a few sentences, but keep it for him to look back on when he's grown.
- Introduce your baby to art from his point of view and don't be afraid to get a little messy. Try finger painting with chocolate pudding or, to remember this special day, make a picture frame out of popsicle sticks. Let your child create her very own masterpiece and sharpen eye-hand coordination at the same time.
- There are many ways to preserve the memories from this special day. Take a picture of you and your baby, then color-copy and laminate it. Cut the picture into four or five pieces, then mix them up and show your child how they fit together to make a complete picture.
- Bring your baby in the tub with you! Add a few drops of lavendar to your bathwater and bring in a few plastic containers to pour water with your baby. You can even add a few drops of food coloring to each container to show your baby different color combinations. Play your favorite classical music and relax together!