My husband, Marty, made this terror-ific costume for my son, Alden, from recycled materials. It was a HUGE hit!
Marty made the elongated Frankenstein forehead from a recycled, inverted bulk pretzel rod container, covered with green face paint and with a wig glued on top. He made shoulder pads from recycled plastic soda bottles and sewed them into recycled clothing bought from the Salvation Army for dirt cheap. The bolts on the side of his head were glued onto a Dollar Store head band worn around the back of the neck.
Time to Create:
An afternoon, including shopping.
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your gingerbread house or holiday cookie is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!