Katya loves Peter Pan, Tinkerbell, Tiger Lily and Captain Hook. It was hard for her to decide which to go as! She finally settled on Hook because his outfit was most fancy with all the lace, velvet and gold trimming.
Katya's grandma sewed Captain's long coat out of cherry red velvet. Accents are gold upholstery trim, and gold and white lace. The vest is dark purple crushed velvet with gold trim. Ascot is made from lace netting. The hat is a foam cowboy hat draped with red felt and white lace; the feather is from the fountain pen that was used for the guest book at Katya's mom and dads wedding! Pants are burgundy crushed velvet with lace trim. Black books, curly wig and hook complete the ensemble!
Time to Create:
Sewing time: 3 weeks
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your gingerbread house or holiday cookie is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!