When we found the idea online for an alien abduction costume, my five year old daughter was so excited! This was kind of funny since all of her friends wanted to be princesses. It was a little tricky, but came out so cute! She loved playing the scared little girl part:)
We used an old graduation gown, sewed an alien mask on top, and black gloves to the ends of the sleeves to make the alien. Then we made a frame with wire coat hangers to make him stand up and hold out his arms. We cut a hole in the back of a sleeper and the front of the gown and sewed them together, draping the sleeper legs over the alien's arms and stuffing them to look like my daughter's legs...so fun!
Time to Create:
two days after planning/collecting materials
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your gingerbread house or holiday cookie is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!