Because we receive many UPS packages at our house for our business, my four-year old REALLY likes the "big brown truck." So we crafted his truck from a box, added logo stickers, and even made the "hood" lift up for a place to stash his candy. Working tap lights were a hit once it became dark, and he led the way to the houses. To complete the look, our 17 month-old was dressed as a UPS package envelope being mailed from "Mama and Daddy" to "Grandma and Grandpa."
Truck: re-purposed box, spray paint, battery-powered tap lights, wide ribbon for straps, paper plates for wheels, printed logo stickers, velcro, hot glue gun, clear shelf liner for windshield. Driver costume: dyed white school shirt and baseball cap. UPS package outfit: golden color felt, shipping labels, velcro.
Time to Create:
4 hours total
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your gingerbread house or holiday cookie is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!