My son Gavin loved the new Alice and Wonderland and decided he wanted to be the caterpillar on the mushroom this year. I could not find one anywhere and so I decided I would make my own!
Crushed velvet fabric and metallic fabric were used for the arms and body, which was stuffed with some batting. I used a foam pool tube and coved a hula-hoop for the bottom of the mushroom and then covered the mushroom with some orange fur fabric with white dots. For the mushroom bottom I used white sweat pants. The entire costume cost less than $20.
Time to Create:
This costume took about 12 hours total to create.
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your gingerbread house or holiday cookie is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!