Our six-year-old son asked to be a television for Halloween this year- so I did my best to accommodate his request. I figured a flat-screen would have been an easy out and wouldn't have a lot of detail - so I went with an older model with dial and speaker. He's even got the power cord and screen "glass" for the tube. It took about six hours to complete, but was well worth all of the effort just to see his smile when he first set his eyes on it! :)
Foam board, foam sheets, knitting needles for the antenna, black decorative tape, cardboard box for "tube" of the television, wheat germ lid and LEGO piece for TV dial, and black poster board for antenna "hat" and silver for the "tube".
Time to Create:
This television took me six hours to complete.
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your gingerbread house or holiday cookie is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!