My son loved studying space and the NASA ships and wanted to be a rocket when he was in first grade. I adapted the rocket from a pencil pattern in a costume book.
The pointed part of the rocket is made from posterboard covered with aluminum foil. From the knees down is silver lamee fabric with red and gold lamee streamers are velcroed to the silver to create bursts flame from the bottom of the rocket. Suspenders helped attach the rocket to my son so he didn't have to hold it up the entire time.
Time to Create:
This took about a week to make.
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your gingerbread house or holiday cookie is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!