My 3 year old son is really into robots this year and he had very specific ideas about what kind of robot he wanted to be. He wanted to light up, have buttons he could push and have a "helmet". Working together as a family I think we accomplished all of his desires plus more. I wish I could also show a video of his costume lit up at night and playing music. Halloween night was a blast, my son was so proud of his costume.
wire trash can for his head, plastic trash can with cut outs for his arms spray painted with a textured metallic paint, in the center is a car air filter, blue led strip lights from auto parts store, re-purposed multi-colored musical Halloween lights, and wire loom from auto parts store to edge the costume for looks and to keep the cut-out parts from scratching.
Time to Create:
3 months if you count brainstorming :)
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your gingerbread house or holiday cookie is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!