Ariel's pink ball gown from her first dinner with Prince Eric has been recreated down to the last detail using a combination of several commercially available patterns and our sewing skills to match movie stills. My daughter, Erin, has been in love with The Little Mermaid for the past year and this is the crown jewel of her collection of Ariel costumes. Although this dress is only briefly in the movie, it is Erin's favorite!
Casa Satin, Casa Sparkle Satin, and Cas Crepe fabrics and coordinating notions from Jo-Ann fabrics, Simplicity patterns, The Little Mermaid DVD from which to copy the dress and keep Erin entertained
Time to Create:
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your gingerbread house or holiday cookie is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!