As a child, Sleeping Beauty was my favorite Disney fairy tale and Merryweather was my favorite fairy godmother. My 3 yr old granddaughter also liked the same and decided to be Merryweather for Halloween '09. Unfortunately, there aren't any costumes for Merryweather and since I am not really a seamstress and I didn't want her disappointed, I created a costume out of blue felt/chiffon. She was thrilled and definitely was unique as no one else was Merryweather!
Blue felt, chiffon, glue, birthday party hat and a blue Cinderella dress underneath the cape.
Time to Create:
3 hrs: cut chiffon & felt/glue 2 layers felt-hat.
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your gingerbread house or holiday cookie is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!