When my son asked me to create "The Coolest Halloween Costume Ever", I immediately thought of Toy Story, our family's favorite movie. The costume, the Claw Machine Rocket from Pizza Planet, is complete with blinking lights and plush Space Aliens. Oooooooooo!
The costume was constructed from chair cushion foam cut into the shape of a doughnut to fit around my son's waist. The rocket gets its shape from an old patio umbrella frame that was cut and bent to fit into the cushion foam, and then covered in clear vinyl sewn into the shape of a football. The umbrella frame was spray painted red to match the base of the rocket, which was constructed from a single piece of 1/2 inch foam that was covered in red vinyl. Blinking LED lights made it complete.
Time to Create:
about 30 hours, but it was so much fun to make!
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your gingerbread house or holiday cookie is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!