The Headless Horseman was our most ambitious Halloween costume yet and was a family affair. Everything was developed from scratch or from recycled clothes. The costume was worn by our 10 year old boy. His body was the body of the horseman, his feet were the front feet of the horse and the pumpkin was both his head and, practically, his candy stash bucket. It definitely got a lot of fun reactions from people and made Trick-or-Treat slower but more fun due to all the requests for pictures.
Chicken wire, gorilla tape, horse mask, black material, newspaper, black jacket, black cape, black pants, cardboard, red led lights, black chiffon, black trim for the mane and tail, pumpkin head, cardboard tube, old hat, velcro and elastic.
Time to Create:
About 12 hours
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your gingerbread house or holiday cookie is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!