Our daughter had pretty major foot surgery on October 13th. She is in a wheelchair for 8 weeks & was really worried about what she was going to do for trick or treating. We fashioned this awesome car so she could cruise around town and collect treats with the rest of the crew. There is a hole for a "passenger" to help her steer, but she was able to move it on her own & even do some "brodys". She was very excited and appreciative of all the work that went into the car & even helped with it.
The frame is pvc pipe that is secured to the wheelchair handles with ties. Some of the joints were secured with duct tape (as all good projects should include). Then, the car was fashioned with cardboard. Both of our kids helped spray paint the chassis, wheels, bumpers and fangs. The headlights were made using flashlights and clear plastic over the "eyes". We put the tires on using long acco fasteners and did some finishing touches with a black sharpie.
Time to Create:
Approx. 12 hours over 2 days.
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your gingerbread house or holiday cookie is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!