My 3 girls and our 2 cousins all wanted to be cereal boxes this year. Each child picked their favorite cereal, and we made their costumes to match the boxes. We added coordinating head pieces to go with the boxes. Finally, each child carried a milk jug for collecting the candy. The cereal brigade was a big hit. My husband and I wore "Got Milk?" shirts, and my cousins' parents even dressed up as cereal themselves, and added a costume for their golden retriever... "Golden Grahmns," of course!
Each Box: 2 pieces of poster board 2 pieces of foam board 1 roll of ribbon paint copy of cereal boxes Headpieces: Corn Pops: coat hanger (to make ponytails stand out) string corn pops onto yellow string and wrap Frosted Flakes: Tiger ears Cinnamon Toast Crunch: Chef's hat Cookie Crisp: glue 2 print-out copies of cookies onto a headband with springs Recess Cup: glue to print-outs of the Recess Cups to a headband with spring Mil
Time to Create:
Each poster took about an hour and a half.
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your gingerbread house or holiday cookie is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!