After learning about the Revolutionary War last February in Kindergarten, my son really got into learning more about George Washington. His school also put on a program in May with patriotic songs. After the program, he decided he wanted to be General George Washington for Halloween. He even could be found in front of the mirror practicing his speech to keep his men motivated for battle!
The hat was his father's when he was young. The wig, sword & scabard are store bought. The boots were his old rain boots with black duct tape covering the fireman theme. The coat, vest & knickers are made from a wool blend of fabric. The shirt is actually a dicky made from remnant fabric & lace.
Time to Create:
It took approx. 6 hours to make.
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your gingerbread house or holiday cookie is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!