My son Josh wanted to be a pirate for Halloween. Since we were planning to go to Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party in Disney World in October, we decided he should dress up as Captain Jack Sparrow. Actually, his father and I also dressed as pirates for the party and we had a great time. At the Boo to You Parade, Captain Barbosa told us we had a "good-looking crew"!
I made the shirt from cotton material. The vest is an old jacket with the sleeves removed. I made the sash from an old scrap of fabric and fabric paint. The pants are women's capri pants. I made the boot covers from black felt and the beard and moustache from double-sided tape, yarn and beads. The hat, belt and sword were purchased at Disney World.
Time to Create:
I worked on this on and off for about 2 weeks.
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your gingerbread house or holiday cookie is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!