9 year old Alexis Houser wanted to be the breast cancer ribbon for Halloween to raise awareness for this awful disease. This her entirely her creation. So she and her grandmother created this lifesize ribbon. Alexis is always fundraising and trying to find a way to help out in honor of one of her friends who has the disease. And she thought it would be a perfect time to do this since it is Breast Cancer Awareness month!!
Large cardboard, felt, glue, scissors and decofabric paint were used to create this masterpiece. Alexis and her grandma traced and cut out 2 ribbon shapes from the cardboard. They then covered the ribbon with pink felt and created straps to join the pieces together. Last Alexis wrote on the front ribbon "Together we can find a cure" and on the back "Keep fighting Renee". We added a pink wig to her head to pull the costume together.
Time to Create:
Alexis had her grandma help with most of it.
Contest Photo Tips and Guidelines:
- Avoid clutter. Keep the background simple -- your gingerbread house or holiday cookie is the star!
- Daytime, natural light is best. If your area is bright enough, try taking the photo without the flash.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!