I Heart My Family Contest Rules
I Heart My Family Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN, NOR WILL A PURCHASE IMPROVE ONE'S CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. SPONSOR: Disney Interactive Media Group, 500 South Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521 ("Sponsor").
2. ADMINISTRATOR: Ventura Associates, Inc., 1040 Sixth Avenue, New York, NY 10018, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final and binding with respect to the promotion ("Contest").
3. BRIEF OVERVIEW OF CONTEST: This is a Contest to be conducted during the period commencing at 12:01 AM, February 1, and ending at 11:59:59 PM, March 22, 2012 ("Entry Period"), for you as a Contestant to compete for one (1) of ten (10) Grand Prizes by submitting your entry via the Internet at FamilyFun.com ("Website"), consisting of the following elements:  a favorite family photo ("Photo") you have taken as the photographer;  description in English in not more than 500 characters why Photo is one of your favorites;  Photo must be a maximum file size of 4 MB and  Photo must be in one of the following file formats: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg or png (collectively, "Submission"). For purposes of these official rules ("Rules"), "Day" shall mean each calendar day during the Entry Period and all times and Days are Pacific Time. Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this Contest. The awarding of the prize is subject to the eligibility and forfeiture provisions set forth below.
5. ENTRY SPECIFICATIONS: During the Entry Period, you may enter the Contest by visiting the Website, agreeing to the Rules and TOU, complying with the Submission Guidelines posted on the Website ("Guidelines"), following the entry instructions to submit your Submission ("Instructions") and clicking on the "Upload My Entry" button (collectively, "Entry"). Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service will apply. It is your sole responsibility to notify the Sponsor in writing if you change your email address ("Address").
6. CONTEST MATERIALS: "Materials" include:  all information and material submitted by you in connection with the Contest, including the Entry and all other forms, contracts or releases required to be submitted by you as a Contestant, whether required by Sponsor prior to or after Entry;  your name, likeness, image and biographical data as contained in or reflected by the Entry and  all photographs, artwork, writings, statements, dramatic materials, ideas, quotations and any other intellectual properties created by you in connection with the Contest, whether submitted to the Sponsor or not, including the Entry. All material owned by the Sponsor or the Sponsor's affiliated companies, including but not limited to any picture, logo, title art, etc., shall remain their property and you shall acquire no rights therein by virtue of the Contest. Except as specifically provided herein, by entering the Contest, you hereby grant to Sponsor a non-exclusive, irrevocable, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable worldwide license to use, re-use, reproduce, transmit, display, distribute, re-distribute, copy, store, modify, adapt, translate, create derivative works based upon and publicly perform the contents of the Materials, in whole or in part, in all media, formats and channels now known or hereafter devised, for the duration of the rights in each country, area and space, and throughout the universe, in perpetuity and in all languages, formats and versions.
7. LIMITATIONS: By submitting the Materials in the Contest, you represent and warrant to Sponsor that the Materials and everything depicted therein:  are in compliance with the Guidelines and Instructions;  are original with you and do not originate from a magazine, newspaper or other commercial or proprietary source;  do not infringe upon or otherwise violate any right of any person, firm or entity; do comply with the TOU and the Rules;  do not contain any trademarks, logos, insignia, location signage, names, photographs, images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media, artwork or sculptures or other material (e.g., on props, costumes, background) that infringe upon any third party's copyrights or trademarks;  have not previously been submitted in a contest of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means, and  do not contain material which is objectionable or unlawful as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If your Photo contains the likeness, photograph or other identifying elements ("Likeness") of any person or persons ("Person") except you, you must have or be able to get written permission upon the Sponsor's request from that Person or a Minor Person's parent/legal guardian to use his/her Likeness. Failure to submit a written permission upon Sponsor's request may result in disqualification from the Contest.
You further represent and warrant to Sponsor that:  you have all rights, licenses, permissions and consents necessary to submit the Materials in accordance with the Rules;  no person or entity other than you has any right, title or interest in and to any part of the Materials and  you are not subject to any agreement or arrangement that would interfere with your entering this Contest and granting all the rights granted hereunder or that would conflict with any other documentation required hereunder. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify any Entrant and remove any of his/her Entry (ies) that Sponsor deems to be in violation of these Limitations at any time. Limit of one (1) Entry per person/Address (regardless of whether one person has more than one Address or more than one person use the same Address). In event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an Entry, the Entry will be deemed to be submitted by the person in whose name the Address is registered. Entries by any method other than set forth above in Section 5 are void. Neither the Sponsor, nor any of its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents or representatives (individually and collectively, "Releasees") are responsible for Entries from persons residing, or physically located, outside the Territory; or Entries that are altered, delayed, deleted, destroyed, forged, fraudulent, illegible, improperly accessed, inaccurate, incomplete, interrupted, irregular in any way, late, lost, misrouted, multiple, non-delivered, stolen, tampered with, unauthorized, unintelligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Rules; or for lost, interrupted or unavailable network, server or other connections; miscommunications; failed phone, computer hardware or software or telephone transmissions; technical failures; unauthorized human intervention; traffic congestion; garbled or jumbled transmissions; undeliverable emails resulting from any form of active or passive email filtering; insufficient space in your email account to receive email; or other errors of any kind, whether due to electronic, human, mechanical, printing, production or technical errors or other causes; even if caused by the negligence of any of the Releasees. Each of such potential Entries will be disqualified; and any Contestant who attempts to enter with multiple Addresses or under multiple identities will be disqualified. Sponsor is not obligated to communicate with any Contestant during the duration of the Contest. Void where prohibited or restricted by law and subject to all applicable federal, state, local and municipal laws and regulations. Please review these Rules and the TOU carefully; however, in the event of a conflict between these Rules and the TOU, these Rules will control.
8. PRIZES: TEN (10) GRAND PRIZES: A $500 Visa ® Gift Card (approximate retail value ["ARV"]: $500). Total ARV of all prizes: $5,000. Limit of one prize per person/Address. All terms and conditions of the Gift Card apply. All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the winner's responsibility. Prize is not redeemable for cash or transferable, except to a surviving spouse residing in the same household. No substitution allowed except, at Sponsor's sole discretion, a prize of equal or greater value may be substituted. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen Cards. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of eligible Entries are received and prizes are validly claimed by June 29, 2012, after which no alternate winners will be selected, nor unclaimed prizes awarded.
9. DETERMINATION OF WINNERS: The general public will be given the opportunity to vote on all eligible Entries during the Entry Period. One can vote by logging on to the Website and following the instructions to vote for his/her favorite Entry ("Vote"). Limit: one Vote per person/Address per Day for each Entry. The top ten (10) Eligible Entries that receive the highest number of valid Votes during the Entry Period will be determined as the potential winners pending verification. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any Votes that are cast in violation of these Rules, or are cast to achieve an unfair advantage, or are cast by robotic means of any sort.
10. WINNERS: The potential winners will be notified via overnight mail and/or email on or about April 12, 2012. At the sole discretion of the Sponsor, disqualification, forfeiture and the selection of an alternate winner may result from any of the following:  a potential winner's failure to respond to notification within three (3) days after its mailing/transmission;  the return of an email notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts;  the return of any prize as undeliverable;  a potential winner's failure to provide Sponsor with satisfactory proof of age, identity and residency;  a potential winner's failure to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability/Publicity Release within five (5) days from date of mailing;  a potential winner's failure to validly claim any prize within ten (10) days after it is sent;  a potential winner's failure to validly claim any prize by June 19, 2012 and  any other non-compliance with Rules. In the event of a prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner. All taxes are solely the responsibility of each winner. On or about April 30, 2012, the winners will be announced on the Website.
13. RULES & WINNERS' LIST: For the names of the winners (after April 30, 2012) and or Rules (before March 22, 2012), send a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope to: I Heart My Family Contest Winners, c/o Ventura Associates International LLC, Dept. VP, 1040 Sixth Ave., NYC, NY 10018, designating either "Winners" or "Rules."
Visa® is a registered trademark of Visa Inc. and not a sponsor of or affiliated with this promotion.
More from Welch's
Contest Tips and Guidelines:
- One vote per entry, per person, per day.
- Remember to describe why your family snapshot is compelling in 500 characters or less. Entries that do not meet this guideline will not be considered based upon the discretion of our editorial staff.
- Please don't include you or your children's full name, address, or location in your photo description.
- Photo size should be no larger than 4 MB.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!