Our last name is difficult for some people so we go by my husbands' nickname that was given to him by some friends when we were dating "way back then." My husband and oldest daughter are called Duck and my youngest daughter is called Duckie and my son is called Big D. I usually get strange looks when I cheer them on in whatever sport we are in season for but they also know that only Mom and very, very, very close friends call them by these nicknames.
More from Welch's
Contest Tips and Guidelines:
- One vote per entry, per person, per day.
- Remember to describe why your family snapshot is compelling in 500 characters or less. Entries that do not meet this guideline will not be considered based upon the discretion of our editorial staff.
- Please don't include you or your children's full name, address, or location in your photo description.
- Photo size should be no larger than 4 MB.
- Upload a horizontal photo. If you crop the image on your computer, make sure you keep a landscape 4:3 aspect ratio.
- For best results, make your image 1200x900 (or "save for web").
- With a digital camera, you can take as many photos as possible and choose the best one. Have fun!