You live and breathe Greenness. Being Green is a way of life for you. In fact, you've never met a can or plastic bottle you didn't recycle. You could help spread the green word. If you're not already working in the community on green projects, maybe it's time to start getting involved and teaching others what you already know!
Here are a few tips that a Planet Protector like you could really embrace:
- Participate in public water conservation meetings conducted by your local government, utility, or water management district.
- Organize a local ocean or lake cleanup day.
- Write to companies and encourage them to decrease superfluous packaging and the employment of hazardous elements in goods.
- Research tax deductions for performing specific environmental actions. Many areas will provide a break for those who act with the earth in mind.
- Use rechargeable batteries in toys, flashlights, and radios. You can save $200 each year by using rechargeable batteries instead of disposables in one CD player used two hours a day.
- Unless a fire is burning, keep your fireplace damper shut in order to prevent heat from escaping through the chimney.
- Get rid of annoying junk mail that wastes paper. Learn how at http://www.newdream.org/junkmail.
- Use cloth diapers instead of disposable diapers. You can save $600 per child by using a laundry diaper service instead of disposable diapers.
- Buy in bulk from your wholesaler. A family of four can save $2,000 each year by choosing large sizes instead of individual serving sizes.
- Use leftover food to start a composting pile and spare yourself from buying a new garbage disposal. Composting helps the environment by acting as a natural fertilizer for gardening.
Learn more about eco-friendly living.