This is just the treat to bring to the kids' classroom parties, or to serve up at your own. Your little monsters will love this popcorn that's coated with white chocolate and spiked with candy and salty peanuts and pretzels. Portion it out and serve it in small party favor bags or in Halloween-themed paper muffin cups, and feel free to personalize it with your favorite hard candies or salty snacks.
Prep Time: 25 minutes
Ready In: 1 hour
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 1 cup Reeces Pieces
- 1 cup candy corn
- 1 cup small pretzel sticks
- 1/2 cup salted peanuts
- 1 package white chocolate chips
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, optional
- Pop kernels in an air popper or in a pan with oil per package directions. Pour popped popcorn onto 2 baking sheets and sprinkle evenly with Reece's Pieces, candy corn, pretzel sticks and peanuts. Set aside.
- Place white chocolate chips in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave for 1 minute, remove and stir with a spatula until chips are completely melted. Reheat for 30 seconds if necessary to ensure a smooth texture. Stir in canola oil and cinnamon (if using).
- Drizzle white chocolate over the popcorn and candy on the baking sheets, tossing so that everything is evenly coated. It's easiest to use clean hands for this step. Sprinkle with salt and toss again, then let popcorn mixture set at room temperature, which takes about 30 minutes. Break apart any big chunks with a spatula and place in a container with a tight lid for storage.
Find more recipes from Alison Needham on Family.com, or visit her blog at www.agirlamarketameal.com.