This adorable version of a favorite kids' snack, "Pigs in a Blanket," is sure to be a hit. It does take some time to wrap these tasty little sausages in mummy cloth made of crescent roll dough, but their fantastic presentation makes them well worth the effort. Spooky glowing yellow eyes made of mustard are the perfect finishing touch.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Ready In: 45 minutes
Yield: About 45
- 1 can of refrigerated crescent rolls (8 ounces)
- 1 one-pound package of mini sausages (such as Lit'l Smokies)
- Preheat the oven to 375 F degrees.
- Unwrap the crescent rolls from the package and separate into triangles. Using a pizza cutter, or other very sharp knife, cut each triangle into very thin strips (about 1/8 inch).
- Starting at one end of the sausage, wrap strips of dough around it so that it resembles a mummy. Be sure to leave an open space for the "face" to show through (on one end).
- Place each mummy about 1 inch apart on a baking sheet and bake for about 15 minutes or until the mummies are golden brown.
- Dip a wooden skewer or toothpick into some mustard and carefully dot on eyes onto the sausage in the space left open for the face. Serve immediately with additional mustard and ketchup for dipping.
Find more recipes from Alison Needham on Family.com, or visit her blog at www.agirlamarketameal.com.